Tim Sunar is a corporate lawyer with over a decade of experience in the Middle East, having relocated to the region in 2009 from Canada.
Tim’s practice focuses predominantly on Saudi Arabia and Bahrain where he advises domestic and multinational organisations, private equity and venture capital investors and government and quasi-government entities, on cross-border M&A, corporate finance, international joint ventures, reorganisations and a range of commercial transactions.
Tim has managed transactions across a broad range of sectors, including oil and gas, industrials, petrochemicals, defence, real estate, manufacturing and construction.
- Advising a Saudi headquartered petrochemicals company on various matters including:
- the sale and lease back of a significant operating asset*
- the acquisition of a mixed-use commercial/residential complex*
- Advising a Saudi-SME focused venture capital fund on various equity and debt investments*
- Advising a multi-lateral sovereign-owned entity on the acquisition and divestment of equity interests in various oil and gas related entities*
- Advising a global corporation in the defence sector on various confidential matters*
- Advising an international manufacturer of advanced composite materials on the licensing of certain technologies and the provision of certain services to a Saudi-headquartered multinational in order to manufacture the materials in Saudi Arabia*
- Advising a Saudi-headquartered petrochemicals company on various commercial transactions, including long term, high volume raw material, feedstock and product supply and offtake arrangements*
- Advising both international and domestic parties on numerous joint ventures relating to oil and gas, engineering and construction, industrials, defence, technology and chemicals*
- Advising the consortium comprised of Saudi, Brazilian, Turkish, Korean, Spanish and Swiss companies on their successful bid for one of the packages to construct the Riyadh Metro project*
- Advising a multilateral sovereign-owned entity on the establishment of, and investment in, an investment fund established to purchase assets in the hydrocarbon shipping industry*
*Denotes experience from a previous law firm
- Administrative restructuring in Saudi Arabia as it continues to focus on Vision 2030, 2 March 2020
- Law Society of Ontario (Ontario, Canada)
- Queen’s University, Bachelor of Laws, 2005
- London School of Economics, Bachelor of Science, 2001
- Province of Ontario, Canada